Sunday, 3 August 2014

Liebster Award

A few days ago, Eleanor Rose from Eleanor Rose Etc. nominated me for the Liebster Award. I'd heard of this before I'd even started my blog as I have been reading other small blogs for a while. So thank you Eleanor for nominating me! I love this sort of thing and it sounds fun. I got to go exploring through the blogosphere and find some amazing new blogs. If you haven't heard of this before, there are plenty of articles on the internet if you type 'liebster award' into any search engine. So anyway, here are the rules:

  • You have to link back to the person who nominated you
  • Write 11 facts about yourself
  • You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
  • Next, you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions to answer
  • You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
  • You must let your nominees know they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it
11 Facts About Me:
  • I have never broken a bone
  • The only times I've been to hospital was once when I was a baby and a couple of times in the last 5 years to have my teeth checked up on (they were clearly so messed up that a hospital orthodontist also had to go ‘ooh yep that’s interesting, they’re all still there. See you in 6 months’ before I finally got braces a couple of years later)
  • I am about a 50% visual and 50% kinesthetic learner
  • I am an ISTP personality type according to the Briggs-Myers Personality Test
  • I am terrified of spiders
  • I can name all of the 50 states of the USA (what happens when you have too much time during the summer holidays)
  • I can speak some French and a tiny bit of Mandarin and Italian
  • I don’t have my ears pierced
  • I drink mostly just water and would choose it over a fizzy drink
  • I have naturally thick, wavy hair which is hard to style
  • I am so pale that at junior school I was often asked if I was ill
My Answers:

1. What is your favourite blog?
This is so hard to answer! I love so many blogs I’m not sure I could pick a favourite!

2. What is your dream job/career?
Since I was about 10, I've always loved the idea of singing for a career. Recording songs in a studio and performing on stage (though if it came to it I think I'd be too nervous). I even went through a stage of songwriting until I found that anything I wrote was too cheesy to ever be considered a decent song, so if I have time or inspiration I do it for fun. So yeah, basically I’d love to be a singer (not that that would ever happen).

3. Favourite perfume/scent?
I would have to say ‘Wonderstruck’ by Taylor Swift. I have never got into many perfumes before, but this one I adore. For me, I link memories very distinctly with scents so I have mini flashbacks (if you could call them that?) and can describe the exact surroundings of when I last smelt that smell. Since I have worn this perfume for various events/occasions, I have good memories of these and therefore love wearing it because it makes me happy.

4.Favourite song?
Currently my favourite song is ‘Great Escape’ by Mike Dignam, but if you were to ask me my favourite song of all time I wouldn't be able to! I have sooo many favourites!

5. Something you are looking forward to in the future?
Hmm, I am sort of looking forward to moving into sixth form (college), I guess?

6. Somewhere you would love to visit?
Australia. I have been there once and loved it so much! So I’d love to go back. I’d also quite like to one day road trip around America or visit Thailand.

7. Cats or dogs?
If you’d asked me this a couple of years ago, my immediate response would've been dogs. However, I have a cat and think kittens and cats are the most adorable things in the world and don’t need full-time attention but are very loving when you’re around. But at the same time, I’d love to have a dog one day as they can truly become your best friend with their loving personalities.

8. Favourite TV show?
I like The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and New Girl. But my favourite TV show of all time has got to be Friends.

9. Who is your role model?
This is a hard one as I don’t think I particularly look up to one person. I like to take aspects from friends, family and celebrities personalities and attempt to use these in my life to become a better person. So I guess I don’t really have one.

10. What would you change about the world?
Mostly the obvious things such as poverty, world hunger and the water crisis as there is enough money, food and water for the whole world, but the first world sort of takes these things for granted and overuses the resources. I would also end all wars, calling for world peace and make gay marriage legal.*

11. Random fact about yourself
I'm running out of facts about myself! If you'd like to read my fact file, you can read more facts about me. Click here is you would like to see that. Sorry if this is cheating, I'm just not very good at thinking of interesting facts about me!

*These are my opinions and if you don’t agree or have a different opinion on this matter, it’s ok and I’m ok with you expressing them, as long as you understand both sides :)

People I'm nominating:

My Questions for you:
1. Do you prefer chocolate or sweets?
2. What is/was your favourite subjects at school/college?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world without the worry of money, where would you go?
4. If there’s one thing (like a talent) you wish you could do, what would it be?
5. What is your favourite season?
6. What is your favourite song at the moment?
7. What is your favourite store?
8. If you could only own two makeup/skincare products, what would they be?
9. Any fears?
10. What is your favourite quote?
11. Why did you start blogging?

Hope you guys have fun! I'm looking forward to your answers :) I'd love to read them, so if you link your post in the comments I'll check them out 

Miss Muggs xx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for my nomination!!
    Heres my link- http://katie-rose96.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved reading that :) I have the same problem with opening windows because of spiders! x

      Delete
  2. Loved reading your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me! It was great fun to do x

      Delete