I've been thinking about blogging a lot, particularly recently and back immediately after I began this sort of hiatus. I guess I've just been trying to think of something to write about, I've been waiting for inspiration to come. Whenever it does come I'm usually busy or at school or I'll come up with an idea but not have any proper content to put into a post. I hope you understand where I'm coming from with this.
(Prepare yourself for the generic excuse for not blogging) I have been pretty busy recently with AS-levels, which just seem to take up a lot of time and some other personal things and extra-curricular activities fill up a lot of my "free" time. Homework is never ending and my sleeping pattern has taken a hit, causing me to feel incredibly tired and whenever I do get a free evening or weekend, all I want to do is watch TV and scroll pointlessly through various social networking sites on my phone. Don't get me wrong, I'm thoroughly enjoying life right now and am perfectly happy, just pretty busy and it's tiring. This evening is the first that I've taken to deliberately put my phone to the side, light some candles (I hope a post will come in the future about this, but as I'm clearly useless at regular blogging, who knows if or when that will come) and open up my laptop to blog. I've committed now. Other plans for the evening include painting my nails and having a bath with one of the many LUSH bath bombs I got for Christmas. It's like a laid back pampering evening just for me.
One of the keys things that I thought about a lot during my break from blogging was the content I wanted to write about. I originally began this blog with the intention to write about whatever inspired me at the time and just general thoughts, which I hope to continue. But I also thought I would write about beauty. This was perhaps not so true to me and more because I saw others doing it and wanted to follow the crowd. I'm not saying I won't ever post about beauty products again or that I'm against it at all (in fact, I love reading beauty posts, I'm just not great at writing them myself) but I just won't do it as much. I wear makeup and enjoy the occasional splurge or getting ready to go out. However, the majority of the time, I simply wear the same makeup over and over again. I think I've talked before about how I'm a creature of habit. I will buy the same stuff again because it's what I know. So I just think any posts I write on beauty, I wouldn't enjoy writing as much and it would reflect in my writing. The plan is to continue writing about whatever inspires me on that day and it is most likely to be just thoughts on life. I don't like the fact that blogs seem to have to be labelled as 'beauty blogs' or 'lifestyle blogs'. I have no idea what a blog could be labelled as if it is just someone writing their thoughts on life (perhaps a 'thoughts blog'? Haha) and I don't particularly want this blog to be labelled as anything. If you are reading this right now and you enjoy my content, thank you! If you aren't quite so sure, I understand, and thank you for at least going to the effort of reading this. I started this blog simply for myself. Of course it makes me happy when I see that someone has seen or read my blog, I mean, doesn't everyone? I just want to write about whatever I feel like and share that. If people want to read it, that's great. If people don't want to read it, that's fine too.
So anyway, that's my little ramble about blogging over. I will hopefully posting slightly lighter, chattier posts in the future (whether this is next week or months in the future, who knows). It feels easier to blog now I've dusted away the cobwebs and broken the ice. I guess we'll just have to see what the future beholds.
By the way, all the random photos which don't have specific relevance to what I was talking about come from Tumblr and I just thought they were pretty. I hope you like them too :)
By the way, all the random photos which don't have specific relevance to what I was talking about come from Tumblr and I just thought they were pretty. I hope you like them too :)
Miss Muggs xx



No comments:
Post a Comment