Over the past year I have been building up my makeup collection, which has been fairly difficult due to the price of certain products and also the fact that I am the type of person who, once I've found something I like, will generally continue to use just that and re-buy it when the product has run out. I therefore only own 3 foundations and a BB cream but I am perfectly happy with this collection. As you can see, three out of four of the products are from the same brand, Rimmel London, because of the same idea as before, that I will generally stick to the same product/brand. Today I thought I would review these and share my opinions on each one. I have included links to both Boots and Superdrug, which are the two stores I most regularly visit for makeup. There may be some sort of sale on at Superdrug online at the moment, I can't tell. So if you'd like to get any of these products cheaper than usual, go there.
Rimmel London BB Cream
£6.99 at Boots
£4.99 at Superdrug
This is my most recent purchase as I decided that during Summer I needed something that had enough coverage to make me feel like I have gotten rid of any redness or paleness but at the same time isn't too thick and wouldn't be too bad for my skin. I happen to be incredibly lucky because I rarely get spots, but wearing some foundations or facial creams causes me to get little bumps which are the beginning of spots. As this is supposed to be made to be good for your skin as it: primes, moisturises, minimises pores, conceals, covers, smooths, mattifies, brightens and helps protect, I find it perfect for Summer. It can occasionally turn out a little orange on me, but that is usually because I have put too much on and I have very pale skin (I have the 'VERY LIGHT' version, by the way). And as an added bonus, this BB cream has SPF 25 which makes it even better suited for Summer days in the sun.
Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation
£8.99 at Boots
£5.99 at Superdrug
This foundation is one that has been praised and loved by the likes of Zoella, Fleur de Force and many many other bloggers on the internet. Personally, I have to admit, it was a bit of a let down. I had high expectations, but when I actually tried it I had a few problems with it. The key problem which meant I stopped wearing it was the 'radiant glow'. I just found that personally it was too sparkly. Every time I went to touch my face for some reason, I would get a hand caked in sparkles. I know some people love this sort of shimmer, but for a person who can't stand having sparkly hands and face, it really wasn't ideal. It also appeared to be a bit orange on my very pale skin, even with the lightest shade (Ivory 100). However, it does have very good coverage, a pump which makes it easier to use and SPF 15, which is great for summer. But for me, this just wasn't what I'd hoped for.
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Foundation
£7.99 at Boots
£7.99 at Superdrug
I heard of this foundation through a friend who wore it everyday at the time and really recommended it. This time, I was pleasantly surprised. It is basically matte but for me, it has a little shine. But NO SPARKLES!! The coverage is perfect for me as it isn't too thick but isn't thin or watery either. The undertone is more pink than orange, which works better with my skin and prevents the orange look I talked about before. Though, I think there are other shades which have more of an orange undertone. So see what suits your skin if you want to get this foundation. I haven't tested whether it lasts for the full 25 hours like it claims, but it lasts all day and your face still looks good at the end of it. Again, I got the lightest shade (Light Porcelain 010) and there is a brilliant little pump for ease-of-use. There are only two downsides to this product. One is the fact it doesn't have SPF, so it isn't really suitable for summer wear in hotter, sunnier countries. The other is that it can cause a slight breakout if I wear it everyday, so I generally choose to wear this foundation on special occasions or after a couple of days of being makeupless at home.
NYC Natural Matte Foundation
Not sold at Boots
£2.99 at Superdrug
As a complete contrast to the previous foundations, this was a complete surprise product. I bought this product about a year ago when I was still getting into makeup, didn't understand much and most importantly, didn't want to spend too much. I guess I wasn't surprised at the time having not tried many other foundations, but as soon as I started buying others, I kept coming back to this and realised I had discovered a real gem. This is a matte foundation (as the name suggests) and so I don't have to worry about sparkles. I rarely appear orange unless I absolutely smother myself in the stuff. I have Ivory 001, which is the lightest shade and it blends with my skin perfectly. The coverage is quite light, but it evens my skin tone and if used with good concealer, it covers any unruly areas. Admittedly, it doesn't last quite the 8 hours it says it should and there is no pump or SPF in it, but for £2.99, it is a bargain. I went through one of these tubes in about 8 months and this is my second. I use this as my everyday foundation as it doesn't break me out and is very cheap for what it is.
*****
So there we go. Those are the products I choose to cover my face with. Hope you liked this sort of post and possibly were inspired to buy (or put off buying) one or two of these. I think it's important to remember that some of these products I may like/dislike because they work in a certain way with my skin and as everyone's skin is different, I cannot guarantee that everyone will agree with my opinions. So I'd love to know what you think of these products if you own any of them!
- Are there any particularly good foundations you use that might be worth trying? -
Miss Muggs xx
No comments:
Post a Comment