Monday, 28 July 2014

Back to Blogging

I'm back! "Where did you go?" I hear you asking. I understand that I disappeared from blogging for a good couple of weeks but I have excuses. You know those holidays which you know are coming up but sort of forget about until the day before and then realise that you need to pack and prepare and haven't got enough time to do anything all of a sudden? Well that's what happened to me. On 7th July I went on a school trip to Paris, France and Barcelona, Spain. We took a coach the whole way, so we stopped off in a couple of places on the way as well. Having started this blog on 2nd July, I suddenly realised that this trip was coming up and I did not have time for any big posts that I had planned. Neither did I have time for taking any photos for possible posts. I returned from Barcelona on 15th July only to go on a family holiday up to the Lake District three days later. I barely had time to unpack and upload photos from the previous trip before I was off again!

So the last couple of weeks have been quite hectic, but lovely as of course I have been visiting new places, which I absolutely love to do! Paris is a lovely city, though perhaps fairly similar to London in my opinion. Though I was only there for two days so I can't really judge it from what I've seen. Barcelona had more of a Mediterranean culture and architecture, which I particularly love. Meanwhile, the Lake District on the other hand (which is in northern England if you don't know) has absolutely stunning scenery and is very different from Barcelona and Paris. I have been incredibly lucky over the last few weeks in that the weather has been wonderful and sunny in all of the places I have been. Anyone from the UK will know that it's rare to get such good, summery weather in the UK for such a long period of time. Sadly it does seem to be turning a bit cloudier (is that a word?) and rainier now, so we're clearly getting into the typical English summer weather.

Anyway, here are a couple of photos from my various holidays.
NOTE: I am by not an amazing photographer neither do I have a professional camera. I have a 7-year old camera which is beginning to break (*hopes for a better camera for my birthday*) and my phone camera.

Paris
 Eiffel Tower and  La Seine

Paris Architecture


Barcelona
 Sagrada Familia

 Montserrat

Montserrat


Lake District

 Angle Tarn

 Striding Edge

 Standing on Helvellyn, view of Red Tarn and Striding Edge

Ullswater


Wales

We visited Wales on the way back from the Lake District to have a go on Zip Wire Titan!

I hope you enjoyed this little insight into my holidays and why I have disappeared from blogging for a while. I hope to be blogging a bit more now I am home for about a month. 

- Have you been on holiday recently? Where to? -

Miss Muggs xx

2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Find out your questions at http://eleanorroseetc.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/my-liebster-award-nominations.html

    Eleanor xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me! Sounds fun and will definitely do this sometime soon :) xx

      Delete