It's days like this where I sometimes find a walk in a quiet place or sneaking away to a private place (if it has a good view that's even better) can help immensely. In fact, in this state I find it difficult to do things that make me happy because I'm not particularly unhappy. It's more of a feeling of nothingness, like a complete absence of any feeling.
I was recently lucky enough to go on a trip to California and for a short part of the trip we stayed at a place in the hills above L.A. The view over LA is one of my favourites views I've ever seen, particularly in the mornings and after it's got dark in the evenings. In the morning the mist covers everything but the skyscrapers in the city centre, which seem to tower out of what almost looks like a cloud. It looked like something out of a fictional story or movie and was breathtaking. At night, the city is alive with lights and the sky above seems to be thriving with airplanes and stars.
LA in the morning - a slightly less misty morning
LA at night - the camera really doesn't catch it's beauty
One morning I got up early to skype someone back in the UK but it turned out the wifi didn't work that day, so I decided to go on a walk around the property and stare out at the view for ages. That was one of my favourite moments. Being able to just sit, think, but at the same time not really thinking about anything in particular. It was really relaxing and brings you back to yourself if you're feeling the empty feeling I previously described.
I guess this post didn't really have much point to it, I didn't really go anywhere with it, I just wanted to share a recent experience that has helped me to cure my empty feeling that I sometimes get. If you can find a quiet spot, wherever you are in the world, that looks out over something or even just somewhere where you can look up at the stars at night, make use of that spot. Obviously make sure you're alone in this spot, it doesn't have the same effect otherwise. Looking out over life is a great way to get back to yourself again.
Anyway, I hope you didn't find this too random or pointless and thank you for listening to me ramble (as I always seem to do in my blog posts) once again.
Miss Muggs xx


No comments:
Post a Comment